Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blog?

I have been doing lots of reflecting and thinking lately, talking to God and asking a lot of "Why?" questions.  Of course, getting very few, if any, answers.  My most frequent question is a "What", as in "What do you want me to do when my time of Family Leave has ended, put my children in preschool and daycare, and begin to lift my hands and heart towards ministry work again?"  This question has been a daily breathed prayer.

Who says the Lord does not answer prayer?  When I pose that question to God, the answer I consistently receive is "Write."  So, I will write.

I will write about my meditations and reflections on our broken society, the places where economic disempowerment and racism meet, and where so many people are inadvertently (or advertently) prevented from coming to God's table of Love. I will also write about my fascination with environmental stewardship as an act of worshipping and serving God.  This has been a growing thing for me, and I would like to explore that more here in this place.  I will write about my journey as my family and I pack up our belongings and move to an area of the city that is only 10 miles away yet is a cultural break for us.  If you are interested in these things and would like to journey with me, or just want to pop in from time to time to observe this journey, please join me.  Your voice, your presence, and your gifts are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment